In Sadashivnagar still stands the 14ft tall and six ft wide bronze statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji on a two-storey fortress like structure. Unveiled on January 10, 1993 by then Maharashtra Chief Minister Sharad Pawar alongside his Karnataka counterpart M Veerappa Moily, the statue was the subject of protests by linguistic groups and it took over a decade for the statue to be unveiled to the public after it was originally commissioned in 1983.

SHIVAJI THEATRE ON JC ROAD

A landmark cinema hall in the Garden City, the Shivaji theatre near the Town Hall was unveiled by Sir Mirza Ismail, then Diwan of Mysore, in 1940. Former Bangalore city mayor and Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce President KM Naganna took the hall on lease from its Marathi owners and operated the place till the early 1980s. The theatre building with the statue of Shivaji displayed prominently on top was partly demolished in the late 80s and has been used as a warehouse ever since. But the statue still stands on the dilapidated structure and can be seen as you pass the busy JC Road.

source: http://www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com / The Times of India / News> City News> Bangalore News / by Petlee Peter / TNN / February 19th, 2017